11th of January 2020
We have decided to plot some of our favourite routes walking on plot a route and share them. View some of our favourite walking routes around Underwood here https://www.plotaroute.com/routes/all/popular/1?MappedBy=278520
7th December 2019
Looking for Christmas films to watch with your little ones over the coming weeks? See our top 10 list of childrens films to watch:
1. The Polar Express
2. Arthur Christmas
4. Miracle on 34th Street
5. Santa Claus the Movie
6. The dog who saved Christmas
7. Father Christmas (Raymond Briggs)
8. The Snowman (Raymond Briggs)
9. The Snowman and Snowdog (Raymond Briggs)
10. Ice Age a Mammoth Christmas
1st December 2019
Looking for ideas for Christmas Activities? Here are 10 activities to do this Christmas with your children:
1. Bluebell Dairy - Santas Woodland Adventure with starlit Grotto and breakfast with santa:
2. Treetops soft play and winter wonderland
3. Rufford Country Park - Breakfast with Santa
4. Ice Skating at the National Ice Centre
5. White Post Farm - Meet Santa, go to Elf Academy, watch a Nativity, winter walkthrough and meet reindeer
6. Christmas Canal Boat trip at Cromford Wharf on selected dates only
7. The Polar Express at Savoy Cinema on selected dates
8. Santa Rides on Miniature trains at Echills Railway at Kingsbury Water Park
9. Pick and cut your own Christmas Tree at Sherwood Pines
10. WInter wonderland at the Snowdome at Tamworth. Sledging, snowball fights, Christmas play, reindeer and see Santa. What more could a child want at Christmas?
Childminders, as providers of childcare are subject to ofsted inspections and ratings as per nurseries, and schools. Childcare facilities are graded from 1 to 4 based on a number of criteria - https://www.gov.uk/ofsted-inspection-childcare-provider .We had our first ofsted inspection in March 2019 being rated as a good childcare provider. Our report can be read at: https://files.api.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50067916. We are striving to obtain an Outstanding rating next time.
Country Bumpkins now use Tapestry an app and secure online based learning Journal to keep parents informed and track children's progress rather than using a paper based journal. It allows parents to be more involved in Children's observations, and observe your Child's progress immediately. Parents can add observational comments, videos and photos to help provide a complete picture capturing key moments of your child's early years. Tapestry is typically used by nurseries and schools at keystage 1 and 2 to track progress. You can read more about tapestry here: https://www.tapestry.info/
Well summer is upon us and what a difference the sun makes! We have been riding around the garden, taking lovely walks, visiting the park, picnic in the garden and had lots of playtime outside!
Country Bumpkins opened in February 2017.
Below is a picture of our garden in December last year. Hopefully it won't be as snowy this year!